Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let the Baking Begin!!!


 
Oh boy!!  What was I thinking?  We are doing a bake sale to raise some money for our Little Flowers group and I decided the moms would make cut out sugar cookies and then the girls could do the frosting.  I thought perhaps 150 cookies sounded good and then we could also sell some chocolate covered pretzels.

I made the dough up the day before we were to do our baking.  This is the recipe that I used and I made 6 batches.  Luckily there were 5 of us who were able to get together.  It was nice to have time just for the moms as it gave us all a chance to get to know each other a little better.  We all took turns rolling out the dough and 6 hours later had 200 heart shaped cookies!!

A funny thought came to me after everyone had left my house.  We have a wonderful kitchen at the church with a couple of big ovens.  We probably could have cut off a couple of hours if we had made them there.  Oh well, it was a nice day, but certainly something to remember for next year.

Our bake sale is next weekend.  Can't wait to see how the cookies turn out!!