Monday, January 26, 2015

Movie Night


Last year, the Knights of Columbus bought a big screen t.v. for our social hall, but because of the flood, we never got to use it.  This month's virtue was the perfect excuse for testing it out.  While the activity suggested learning more about slavery and perhaps watching Roots, I felt that was way too old for our group of girls.  I decided to just focus on acceptance so we watched 'Kit Kittredge, An American Girl'.  She had to learn to accept a lot of changes living during the Depression.

The girls were so excited to get to bring their pillows and sleeping bags and wear their pajamas!!  Of course, I can't let an event go by without doing a little crafting so I made all the girls personalized popcorn containers that they got to take home.  I just have too much fun crafting so the popcorn and drinks became a little concession stand.  Lots of fun.

Just so that I won't forget, we went through 4 boxes of popcorn and a little over a gallon of lemonade. The m&m's were just leftovers from Christmas cookies at my house.  I put them in little individual containers so that each girl could have one.  

Considering it's been a snowy day, we had a great turnout.  Worked out even better because tomorrow there is a 2 hour delay.  Yay!!  We all get to sleep in.