Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Liturgical Calendar - The Week in the Church









While this isn't totally related to Little Flowers, I thought I would share the liturgical calendar that I made for our church.  It's right above the drinking fountain so that anyone who gets a drink can see it.

I got the calendar from the USCCB website.  While I would have loved to include all the saints from both the old and new calendar, I stuck with what the USCCB calendar had on it.  I thought it best to keep things simple.    I also used information from the Catholic Culture website.  They have great ideas on activities to do on each feast day too.

This was super simple to make.  I used a regular bulletin board and just nailed a very thin piece of wood for the clothespins to hang.  Each season, I will change the background colors.  Of course when I took the picture, we were in Ordinary Time.  One each saint card, I try to find a picture of the saint, a quote by the saint and what they are a patron saint of.  There just isn't enough room to be writing bios about each one.

This was a fun project.  I love sitting down each week to learn about the saints for the week and the  seasons in the Church.   This would be a great tool for a group or family to have.

 

6 comments:

  1. Very clever. I could see this being used in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Will use this for my 6th grader in our homeschool next year. Thanks for sharing this along with your resouces! Never would have thought to put it together that way. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I enjoy working on it each month, and certainly learn so much more about the saints.

      Delete
  3. Just found this through Pinterest - it is awesome! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I'm going to have to make a new one as I make the jump to homeschool. Will be perfect to have at home as well.

      Delete