Friday, October 3, 2014

Around the World with the Saints


I am so excited about something we are adding this year to our program.  We are giving each girl a "passport" to travel around the world with the saints.  They will learn about each saint and a little bit about each country. 

We are using photo albums that I got at the Dollar Tree.  Of course I had to snaz them up a bit by adding some vinyl on the fronts (any excuse to use my Silhouette).  The girls all posed for their passport pictures at our first get together. 


I kept things pretty basic for our first country.  Perhaps I'll become more creative as the months go by.  I think we could add some interesting facts about different cultures.  It will be neat to see how many Catholics live in each country.


The second page each month will be on the saint of the month and some basic information about her life.  It will also include the bible verse.


My daughter still likes to look through the scrapbook that we made the first year we were in Little Flowers.  I thought the girls would enjoy having something they look through.  I will share more pages as the year goes on.