Monday, January 20, 2014

Lots of Notes of Cheer!

Things have been rough at our church over the last couple of weeks.  A pipe burst in our social hall and the water just poured in for hours before it was discovered.  There was a whole lot of damage.  We will not be able to use it to hold classes or meetings for at least 3 months. 

Needless to say, my mood has been down as we sort through the damage and plan how to fit religious education classes into the church.  As usual though, God is so good to me.  I got a few bits of mail that just really lifted my spirits.  I was so excited to be able to take them to our Little Flowers meeting.

We received a wonderful thank you note from the hospital that we sent the get well cards to back in the Fall.  We also received a nice thank card from the maternity home babies that the girls made blankets for at our December meeting.

Now, saving the best for last!!!  We received a response from the Vatican from our Christmas card!!  This was so exciting.  The holy card is so beautiful. 

God knows how to lift my spirits and keep me moving forward.  The girls asked me who got to keep the holy card.  I said that I would hang it in my office.  It will be a great reminder of His love.